Soaring Spirit Sunday


FOURTH SUNDAY OF LENT
~CLEARING THE WORRY FROM MY MIND~

Jn 9:1-41; Jn 3:14-21; Lk 15:1-3, 11-32 I cannot be afraid to be bold or worry about what others think of me. The man born blind didn’t worry about the outcome of his case; he stood up to the Jewish leaders and lectured them. Pray this week to have that attitude and to trust God no matter what.
MONDAY: TAKING JESUS AT HIS WORD
Is 65:17-21; Jn 4:43-54 The royal official who asked Jesus to heal his son lived a day’s journey away. He headed home, believing, but he must have worried. Can I relate? Have I ever trusted God but had to wait to see the outcome?
TUESDAY: DO I WANT TO BE MADE WELL?
Ez 47:1-9, 12; Jn 5:1-16 Jesus could ask me the same question. Do I really want to trust God in everything? What would life be like if I did not worry?
WEDNESDAY: THE SON ACTS NOT ON HIS OWN
Is 49:8-15; Jn 5:17-30 If Jesus could do “nothing on his own,” surely I am even more dependent on God’s grace to overcome my problems. If worry (or anything else) is cluttering my life, I ask for God’s help. I, too, can do nothing on my own.
THURSDAY: ACCEPTING GLORY FROM OTHERS
Ex 32:7-14; Jn 5:31-47 Jesus accuses the Jewish leaders of caring more for one another’s approval than for God’s. Is that a problem in my life? I ask Jesus to help me seek God first.
FRIDAY: THE GOSSIPS OF JERUSALEM
Wis 2:1a, 12-22; Jn 7:1-2, 10, 25-30 The pilgrims in Jerusalem were having a great time gossiping about Jesus. Do I worry about what others are saying about me behind my back and want to “set the record straight”? I discuss this with Jesus, who experienced the same problem.
SATURDAY: COMMITTING MY CAUSE TO GOD
Jer 11:18-20; Jn 7:40-53 Jeremiah was thrown into a cistern, and Jesus was made fun of for doing God’s work. Doing and saying what is right often lead to persecution and ridicule. Today, I ask God to help me be strong and bold. If I am persecuted, I am in good company.