Guest Post: Make Favourite Baby Clothes Into Art

Today's Guest blogger is Jennifer from A Splendidly Messy Life. We met online but, fun fact, we physically live within an hour from each other! Welcome, Jennifer.

* * * * *
My name is Jennifer Bairos, and I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with my husband, our 3 year old son, and our cat. I'm a teacher by day and blogger by night over at A Splendid Messy Life (http://www.asplendidmessylife.com/).

I was really inspired to do this DIY because I wanted to somehow save a few of the cute onesies that our son, Seb, was growing out of so quickly when he was a baby smile emoticon I had seen similar ideas on Pinterest and figured that this was a craft I could probably handle without it becoming an epic Pinterest fail!

My mom has actually been collecting one or two if his favourite onesies/t-shirts every year so far with the plan to make a quilt for him when he graduates from high school. I'm not nearly that crafty, so I was so pleased with how these canvases turned out. I think it's a pretty wonderful memory to display. Now we have them hanging above his toy area in our basement.

Here are the steps to creating your piece of memorable art:
1. Pick a shirt or onesie that you want to save and hang (but don't mind cutting up).
Photo Credit: A Splendid Messy Life
2. Get a canvas square from an art store. I was using pretty wee onesies, so my squares were only 6x6.

3. Center the square inside the shirt, and stretch the shirt around the area you want to display.
Photo Credit: A Splendid Messy Life
4. Use a staple gun to staple the shirt on the back edge of the canvas square.
Photo Credit: A Splendid Messy Life
5. Cut away the excess material.

6. Glue down the remaining material with white craft glue and let dry.

7. VoilĂ ! Hang them with pride! You can put them up in your little one's room, or we have ours above Seb's play area in the basement.
Photo Credit: A Splendid Messy Life
Read the original post here.

Labels: ,