Crochet Valentines Day Door Wreath

As I promised on my monthly roundup, here is the now complete Valentines Day door wreath I crocheted.

How I made it:
I used a basic flower granny square from an afghan pattern but stopped when the flower was complete.

*Update* I found the pattern I used! Here it is...
Round 1: Chain 4, slip stitch in first stitch to form ring. Chain 2 [(2 treble, slip stitch) in ring] 4 times. (4 petals) DO NOT TURN
Round 2: Working behind petals, (chain 2, slip stitch in slip stitch between next 2 petals) 4 times (4 chain-2 loops)
Round 3: *slip stitch in next chain 2 space, chain 2, (3 treble, slip stitch, chain 2, 3 treble, slip stitch) in same chain-2 space. Repeat from * around, join with slip stitch to first chain-2 space (8 petals)
Round 4: Repeat round 2 (8 chain-2 loops)
Round 5: *Slip stitch in next chain-2 space, chain 2, (4 treble, slip stitch) in same chain-2 space, repeat from * around. Join with slip stitch to first chain-2 space (8 petals)
FASTEN OFF

The neighbours had installed a new toilet and had the box in the recycling. The cardboard was very sturdy so I grabbed it and cut it up. I did use masking tape around some of the rough edges.

For the "hanger" part I took some 1.5" fabric I had and poked it through the cardboard, making some knots so it would not slip back out.

I then heated up the glue gone and went at it. No rhyme or reason but I did know that I wanted the red on the very top layer. I made exactly enough to fill it in really well. It's about 3 layers so very 3-dimensional.

Love how it turned out, if I do say so myself.



Yes, it's up in March BUT ... February is a short month so it would actually be February 30th (instead of March 2nd when I finished it) - I'm sticking to that!!


Now, what should I make for St Patrick's Day for the door? Would love links/photos! Thanks!!

Labels: