Cleaning Lunch Containers and School Bags

Every year I get a little "back to school freak out" going on. I have no idea why. It's a mix of excitement, anxiousness, and what do I need to do all racing
around my brain.

Earlier this month I went through the children's drawers to clean out the too-small items. I stocked up on what we were low on and hubby bought them new indoor and outdoor shoes at a back-to-school BOGO sale.

To avoid full-out panic I'm trying to do one thing a day. Today it's laundering the lunch bags and back packs. Somehow we have a ton of each that are still in good shape but just a little smudgy and grungy. So I did a quick search online to see if I can wash them (apparently people have successfully washed such things before). A great tip is to turn the cloth lunch bags inside out so the grunge comes out of the corners! So I put them all in the wash with detergent, baking soda and vinegar as softener and put it on the delicate cycle. I keep checking but they seem to be getting cleaner.

Bad blogger moment - I forgot to take before pictures!

Labels: ,