Book Review ~ "The House that Love Built"

The House that Love BuiltThe House that Love Built by Beth Wiseman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


THE HOUSE THAT LOVE BUILT by Beth Wiseman

This delightful story is about a widow and a divorced man who have given up on love. Their friendship, as they
struggle move past their desire to move past painful love experiences, is refreshing.

Brooke has an emotional time as she cares for her aging mother, wades through a burden of emotions as she deals with her father's stepping out on her and her mother as a young girl as well as the mourning over her only love. Owen is dealing with the fall-out of a nasty divorce and focusing his energy on a home renovation - something he is learning as he goes.

This fun tale cleverly incorporates secondary characters and locations that add to the story's charm and intrigue. It is a clean romantic tale that had surprises that kept me wanting to read more. It would have been nice if some of those twists were further developed but it was satisfying none-the-less.

I was definitely entertained as I read this novel and I continually questioned if I would have as much faith as Brooke in letting God heal and help her forward. I liked the return to and development of faith experienced by some of the characters as well as the general naturalness of it some of the other characters experienced.

I wholeheartedly recommend this novel to those searching for a story about what happens after.

I was provided a free copy of this eBook for my honest review. All opinions are my own and have not been biased by this free book.


View all my reviews

Labels: