TMNT Crochet Backpack Finish



Last Saturday, April 13, I wrote how I finished a Donatello TMNT Mask and was preparing the ambitious goal of creating a TMNT backpack for my 5 year old son.

After doing research on Pinterest, I created a TMNT board for inspiration. I decided I would create crochet hexagons using
this Super Simple Hexagon pattern from One Loop Short.

morethana-mom.blogspot.com
Funny story ~ I created six hexagons after my son had gone to sleep. In the morning I suppose he checked up on my progress. He had them all laid out and told me "Mom, you need to make one more." I said "No, I made enough." I proceeded to lay them out. Sure enough, the five year old had figured out I needed seven. Smart boy!

After referring to photos several times, here is what I came up with. A basic rundown of my process:

morethana-mom.blogspot.com

I used an adjustable strap pattern of about 85 rows of double crochets and a few loop holes. I added the front strap across the belly so that it would stay on little bodies.

morethana-mom.blogspot.com

I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The buttons I found even look like little turtle shells!

The boy LOVES it (and the girl too as you can see her in the photos - I might have to make another one for her!)

Sharing with these Parties
Sew Many Ways
House of Hepworths

Labels: