A-Z Baby Boy Quilt Finish



My cousin is having a baby shower today. She is having a baby boy!

I found a great alphabet panel that I adore made of 100% cotton.

morethana-mom.blogspot.com

This was my first time using invisible thread. I love it! I'm not sure how clear it is but I quilted each square, letter and animal in the square. I'll post a back shot and perhaps you can make it out better.

I also used a double layer of mid-loft polyester batting to let the negative space really pop.

This was my very first panel and it was so much fun to sew and so fast, too! I'm really glad I enjoyed it because on the Easter long weekend I purchased six panels (four of them for babies) that I want to get working on. Whew!

morethana-mom.blogspot.com

I used a flannel for the backing to keep baby warm and to add to the soft feel of the quilt.


I also got a great tip to use satin ribbon for the binding for both ease and to add another fabric for the baby to feel and play with. The corners were tricky but I watched this fabulous YouTube tutorial by Bella Jean Boutique to figure it out. Again, I used invisible thread with a zig-zag stitch to get it to stay in place firmly. It's a navy blue and not as shiny as the photo makes it out to be.

A cute side-story. While photographing I needed my 5-year old son to stand on the couch for the height. He was really uncertain about standing on the couch because he didn't want to get in trouble for not sitting on the couch properly! I told him it was okay but only for the photo. How is that for messing with his sense of right/wrong? Whoops! I hope I didn't mess him up too much. I'm sure I'll find a way to make it up to him though.

Labels: