Crochet Birthday Party

morethana-mom.blogspot.com

Next Sunday is my daughter's 7th birthday. She loves to watch me crochet and knit so I thought it would be a great idea to host a yarn crafting party for her. We are still working out the details of what would be appropriate for the grade one girls she has invited to join her.

I booked the party room at our local Michaels and was promised the resident crochet teacher who will lead the class. (I have tried several times to teach her but I am right handed and she is left handed. Even using a mirror she finds it difficult to understand and I am not clear as to how I can close the miscommunication gap - other than get her a teacher).

I did some research on crochet birthday parties (not as easy to find as I thought it would be).

Here are some with some great ideas I will definitely use!

Crafts by Friends ~ I love how she had the kids chain stitch as long as they wanted and then made it into a bracelet! I also like the idea of having them make pom poms.

The Crafty Jenguin ~ I love the idea of making birthday hats for each of the girls to wear and take home! I SHOULD have enough time to make enough for everyone by next Sunday. Though it is March Break this week and I WILL have a house full of kids...

On the party invitation I used ice cream cones filled with yarn balls from KnitPicks. I used this as a background on PicMonkey and then customized it with our information for the party.

This is what I came up with for the invitation.

morethana-mom.blogspot.com


Then I did a matching thank you card that we can send out after the party. Ava can customize a message on the back of the card.

morethana-mom.blogspot.com


I thought I could look up a cute craft to have the kids make that would be like this. I did find this adorable ice cream cone purse that Look What I Made shared a free pattern for. Perhaps I could crochet for the children. If I have time I will consider it! I'll also consider if there are parts to it the girls can help me finish.

Do you have other ideas that I could incorporate in a two hour party?


Labels: ,