Book Review ~ "Sneak" by Evan Angler

Sneak (Swipe, #2)Sneak by Evan Angler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This novel is about a futuristic society that is about to be amalgamated into one united state. At age thirteen everyone is eligible to Pledge and get the Mark. The Mark is optional. For those who choose to get it they are entitled to what they need to survive (food, school, medical care, etc.). The Unmarked are left to fend for themselves and are considered outcasts.

Logan Langly is about to turn thirteen. He is suspicious of a government conspiracy for those who fail their test to get Marked. Where do they go? What happened to his sister, Lily, who disappeared five years ago on her thirteenth birthday when she went to Pledge? Logan is an unmarked outlaw on the run from government officials and desperately searching for his sister in this fast-paced race against time.

When I realised that this book was second in a series I decided to find and read the first book, "Swipe". I'm glad that I did read number one first because I had a better basis for jumping immediately into the continuing tale.

I liked that all was not as it appeared. Although the adventures are nothing I am likely to experience, it was interesting to see what could happen to our world and our society if we continue on the environmentally destructive course we are set on. It was good to see that not everyone followed the course as set out by the powers that be. This novel brought to my attention some things that I take for granted and made me contemplate if I would be a follower or an independent thinker.

I still have several questions about the story. I hope there is a third instalment that will answer them!

The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through BookSneeze®. All opinions, however, are mine and not swayed by this gift.

View all my reviews

Labels: