Couch to 5K Check-In #5

I am loving the Couch to 5K challenge by the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.

I am not training for a marathon or a specific goal other than to boost my caloric out-put and to change things up a bit.

I tried it on the treadmill once but
generally just do it on the spot or on the mini trampoline. It fits my lifestyle this way and I can also hold the tablet and it tells me when to switch it up from walking to running as well as tracks my distance and average speed and calories out just as a treadmill would (thank you Noom!)

Here is last week's check in. I did awesome for week 4 (two weeks ago) and finished my week 3 plus did two days of week 4. Then last week I had a bit of tummy aches so I didn't push to run. This week I'll get back on track finishing w4d3 and making my way through week 5. The group is starting week 6 but I'm doing what I can when I can.

Someone asked me what I will do when I complete the series. I think I might just start over until I reach my weight-loss goal. I could also add it to my gym routine and treadmill run a bit. I'm just taking it a day at a time and having fun with it.

I heard a great quote to help motivate those of you working on weight resolutions. I am paraphrasing here... it takes 4 weeks for you to notice weight loss, 8 weeks for close family and friends to notice, and 12 weeks for others to notice. That said, I have been noticing my rings getting a little bigger and other areas looking smaller.

Labels: