Blazing Star Quilt Block ~ Video Tutorial

I have been working to create a drum bag that will hold a native hand drum. My first attempt (here) was all right but I wanted to get the fit better and round it out plus add more padding and a stiffer fabric so it wouldn't flop. First, though, I needed to do a decorative block.

I decided on the Blazing Star for a quilt
block.

More Than A Mom  morethana-mom.blogspot.com


I searched and searched for a photo or video tutorial as the instructions from McCalls Quilting I found were good but a little too vague for this beginner.

I wanted to see if I was getting the same results others had.

The tutorials I found had you cut strips and make several rows of diamonds at once (brilliant if I had found them BEFORE I cut them out individually).

I could not get the individual diamonds to line up for the life of me.

Thank goodness for quilting boards such as quiltingboard.com where you can ask other members questions and learn from your peers. It wasn't instant but it was helpful.

As a result of my research I decided to create a short (2.26 minute) photo video with written instructions. This is my first time making a photo video tutorial and using Windows Live Movie Maker. It was so much fun!


Here is the link if you can't see the video My YouTube Blazing Star Quilt Block Tutorial.

I hope it is clear. Can you let me know if it works, please. I hope it helps you as I would have appreciated such a tutorial when I was frustrated and trying to complete this star.

Sharing Here...

Sew Darn Crafty Linky Party Week 101
Sew Can Do
Ninth Street Notions
I Heart Nap Time

Labels: ,