I checked out a bunch of back to school lists. Great shopping lists but I find that none of them are really applicable to junior kindergarten and the teachers where we attend school provide their own supply list on the first day of school. What I really wanted was a "what do I do to get ready for school" list. So I created my own. A fall-cleaning/figure out the needs list for clothing, shoes, jackets, boots, school bags, etc.
As I go through all of these I am making notes of what I need to buy so that the kids are all stocked up for going to school.
- Sort through dress shoes, sandals/water shoes/crocs, running shoes, rain boots, winter boots.
- Sort through jackets by season spring/fall, winter, rain plus rain/wind/snow pants.
- Sort through summer hats. (You could go through winter hats/mitts/scarves also but I did this before I put them away last season).
- Sort through tee shirts and shorts.
- Sort through dresses and skirts.
- Sort through long pants.
- Sort through long tee shirts and sweaters.
- Sort through pajamas.
- Sort through underwear, socks, tights, undershirts.
I am also going to consider a homework station, a lunch/snack-making station, a "dump it" end of the day coming home station/system, a September menu. Ummm ... probably other things I'm forgetting - care to share what else I need to consider??
Here are some links I've pinned to inspire me.
Back to School Station by The 36th Avenue
Organized Homework by Happy Canadian Home
Lunch & Snack Making Processes
How to Organize School Lunches by Organizing Made Fun
Lunch Box Printable Weekly Plan by My Pigeon Pair
Labels: back to school, household management