Freezer Cooking

With a small family I carefully consider the food choices both in purchasing and cooking. I prepare a monthly menu plan to reduce cost and efficiently use up the foods that we have purchased. I try to reduce processed foods but some days it's either frozen chicken nuggets for dinner or a peanut butter sandwich. When I do have bursts of energy for cooking or baking I like to try to prepare frozen items from scratch that I know our family will enjoy and that will be a healthier choice.

I've been inspired by Money Saving Mom and her "4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer" series.

So far I have done several bread machine recipes. I tried her Cinnamon Rolls, today I made a loaf of bread with the intention of freezing it but it was just too good to not eat while warm so it became our loaf for the week. I even pre-sliced it.

This week I plan to make the Freezer-Friendly Ham & Cheese Pockets and the Freezer-Friendly Pizza Pockets. We do have a box of purchased frozen waffles but I'd like to make her Waffles when our current supply gets low.

I also really want to make Mini-Pot Pies from Make 5 Dinners in ONE Hour.

Do you freezer cook? What is your favourite meal you have made and frozen for later?

Labels: ,