30-Day Weight Loss-athon: Days 11-14

It seems that I make it to mid-week and then I read the daily challenges but don't get a chance to post them or really absorb them. Saturdays are nice catch up days.

For the full challenges, click on the Day # below and it will
link you to the full post.

Day 11:  Today we need to "explain to a key person or people in your life that you’re focused on getting slimmer and would really like their support."

Day 12: "Expand your weight-loss support network." I'm looking at an exercise buddy. That is the best to keep me motivated to go to the gym. I am not a natural lover of working out but I know it's good for me so I keep trying to go.

Day 13:  "Whatever actions you need to take to set yourself up for exercise, make a list of them now." For me this is to get a workout buddy and perhaps make my membership a 5-day a week one.

Day 14: "Make a list of any clothes, equipment or other stuff you need for your exercise program. ...Let’s get every bit of motivation working for you."

I was doing so well on my weight loss, healthy eating, water consuming, calorie tracking goals and then my naturopath suggested a cleanse. As soon as she suggested not eating certain things I knew I was doomed. Why is it when someone suggests you not eat something that it suddenly becomes what you crave? I also find it difficult when someone suggests you not eat items but does not tell you what to replace them with. That is when bad choices on my part come into play because by late afternoon I'm hungry and not sure what to eat.

This week I've decided to increase my water and aim to eat all the Canadian Food Guide items for a female adult. It will take a few days and a grocery trip to get those check marks filled up but I feel good about the goal. And the kids are loving it because I'm plying them with chocolate to get them to eat it up!

Labels: