New Year Resolutions

It's that time of year to think about what we want to accomplish in the new year. How can it be 2011 already? The last few years I have gone from using
categories with a few things under each (health goals, financial goals, house decorating or renovating goals, etc.) to making affirmations (which I think is more positive and motivating).

My 2010 affirmations (which I also posted on my blog front page to remind me constantly of what I need to focus on) included:
*I am a healthy, trim size 6
*I am a money magnet. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
*I am an educated and successful money manager and investor
*I appreciate what I have
*I love my family and the precious time we spend together
*I am a creative individual who completes beautiful projects

If I say the affirmations daily (which I did in January and part of February) then I felt powerful. When the initial enthusiasm and focus waned it was still helpful and faster to review the six points, as listed above.

For 2011 I would like to continue with the health improvement and loss of a few more pounds but I don't know that I want to place it as a specific goal (such as last year's size 6 statement).

My new friend, A Bowl Full of Lemons, has both an organization challenge and a 21-day cleanse challenge. She is using Crazy Sexy Diet  by Kris Carr for the 21-day adventure cleanse. Adventure? Not so certain it will be an adventure but it should be interesting. Amazon.ca describes the book as "a must for anyone who seeks to be a confident and sexy wellness warrior." Am I a sexy wellness warrior? We'll see in 21 days!

Labels: