Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas and A Birthday to Plan For!

I've got Thanksgiving and Halloween, Christmas and my son's birthday (January) on the brain.

The children's Halloween costumes are decided on and a party is in the works. Travis will be a fireman (he's been obsessed lately) and Ava will be a princess (thanks to her older cousin who graciously donated a Cinderella princess dress and crown). I have some craft supplies and a list of what I need to do and buy for it. Thanks to the library for their past issues of Halloween magazines and their party ideas. Better Homes and Gardens has some particularly creative issues.

 

I'm participating in the 100 Days Until Christmas website and daily email reminders about what to do to take the stress of the holiday at bay and already I have my Christmas binder prepared with a budget and wish lists started for my family. I even have a to buy list with ideas written.

Finally, I have felt by the time January rolls around I'm tired out from the first two Fall events that I haven't really thought or planned for my little man's special day. Since he'll be 3 this January I really need to step it up a notch and get myself organized. I have thought of a theme (he's been fireman obsessed lately) and that's a start. Next I'll decide cake (I'm thinking fire truck or hydrant) and decorations and gift bags. I have a while yet so just the starting of the idea is good for me here in early October!

Are you thinking about the holidays or are you in denial that they'll be here before you blink?

Labels: