Happy Thanksgiving & Farewell to Grandpa Mel

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends.

This past week has been emotional for me as my grandfather passed away on Wednesday, October 6th. We celebrated his 90th birthday on September 6th. I am glad that we got to enjoy his presence at his birthday celebration and my children got to see him also. As I told my daughter (4 years old), this weekend was about saying good-bye to his body and celebrating his spirit joining God in heaven. I am grateful that I was able to know such a wonderful grandfather growing up and that my children were able to know him, if even for a short while. God bless you Grandpa Mel. We will miss you.



MASON, Melbourne J. Passed away peacefully at Sunnybrook Hospital (Veterans' Wing), on October 6, 2010, in his 91st year. Beloved husband of Therese for 58 years. Loving father of Paul (Julie) and Rose Mary (Mike). Proud grandfather of Elizabeth (Scott), the late Michael, Peter, Emily and Connor, and great-grandfather of Ava and Travis. Survived by brother Bill (Roma). His compassion and humour will be missed by his extended family and many friends. A special thank you to the staff at Sunnybrook George Hees Wing for their special care.