Travis's Quilt

I've been working on this project since about May. It is the first quilt I have ever attempted. I decided that Travis (2 years old) needed a quilt for his bedroom from his mommy. He has a queen-size bed. I wanted it reversible for different decor options as he
grows older. I made the design up myself and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Here ... let me show you ...

This is what the room looked like before ...

This is the back of the quilt. The design doesn't go with this particular decor but it's an option for the future.

And here is the top view. Don't you love how the border matches the curtains? I found it while on vacation and only went by memory as to the colour of the crutains. I think I did a pretty fine job with the match, if I do say so myself!
Now I need to add a more masculine bed skirt (is that an oxymoron?) and get him some darker stained furniture that will match the headboard. Baby steps. First I have another quilt to finish and it has a November deadline!

Link Parties I've posted my quilt ...
Metamorphasis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Make It for Monday @ Cottage Instincts
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Craftastic Monday @ Sew Can Do
Made By You Monday @ Skip to My Lou
Toot Your Horn Tuesday @ A Silly Little Sparrow
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog
Anything Related @ All Thingz Related

Labels: ,