When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I'm excited to be a part of June's National Blog Posting Month or NaBloPoMo. They have daily writing prompts too which is great because some days I honestly can't think up a thing to write. Today's prompt is, "when you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?".

My friend and I always played teacher and I thought I would become one. There was this kid, Michael Gates, who failed grade 3 and was in our class. We were terrible at playing teacher and constantly chastising a pretend Michael Gates for wrong-doings. I was a swimming teacher for 10 years as a teenager and young 20-something and that was fun. In school, I never followed the path to become a teacher and I'm not sure why. Perhaps when my kids are in school I'll go to teacher's college and still do that for a few years.

So, what did YOU want to be when you grew up?