Craft & Tell ~ April 26

I've been crafting away ... again. I figured out how to make the fabric boxes firm by combining two tutorials. I still have 3 more boxes to go so when they are complete I'll reveal them all at once.

Remember the car race track I did for my kids? Here's the tutorial for it. Well, I decided to complete the applique fire truck, police car, ambulance and pond. I went onto the computer for some graphics and printed them out.

I then got out my handy dandy scissors and cut out the shapes in felt that I had to make it match the design of the clip art. I then hot glued the felt embellishments to the base. I think I'll stitch it with a blanket stitch (when I learn how to do it) to secure it further, but for now I'm thrilled with how they look.Oh, and I realize the ambulance is purple but I didn't have enough white. I think the big red cross makes it look like an ambulance though.


I also completed a body pillow cover for our room. It was a cranberry colour but our room is now blue paint and has navy curtains so I wanted to coordinate it. There is blue and gold in the comforter so this pulls it out (although the photo isn't bringing out the blue). This was a semi-quilt attempt to see if I liked it and guess what?! My next project is going to be a queen sized quilt for little Travis's big boy bed that he has started to sleep in. What am I in for?? I'm actually really looking forward to it.


I'll be linking up this week with my friends ...
Sunday ~Sunday Scoop @ I Heart Naptime with Chocolate Sundaes
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under The Table and Dreaming 
Monday ~Metamorphasis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Make It for Monday @ Cottage Instincts
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
I Made the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Made It on Monday @ The Persimmon Perch
Market Yourself Monday @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Craftastic Monday @ Sew Can Do
Mosaic Monday @ The Little Red House
Made By You Monday @ Skip to My Lou
Tuesday ~ Do It Yourself Day @ A Soft Place to Land
Toot Your Horn Tuesday @ A Silly Little Sparrow
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog
Anything Related @ All Thingz Related
Timeless Tuesday @ Paula Grace Designs   
Wednesday ~ White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
REDnesday @ It's a Very Cherry World
Spotlight Yourself @ It's So Very Cheri
Whatever Goes @ Someday Crafts
Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
Wednesday Boardwalk Bragfest @ Bobbypins Boardwalk
We Did It @ Sew Much Ado
show and Share @ Just a Girl
Idea Sharin Wednesday @ Women Who Do It All
Thursday ~ Alphabe-Thursday @ Jenny Matlock
Friday ~ Sew & Tell Fridays @ AmyLouWho
Saturday ~Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound 
Get Inspired @ Sew Dang Cute
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Labels: ,