Craft & Tell

I've been busy creating this week. I want to share these creations with the following ... Sew & Tell Fridays with amylouwho, Get Inspired! with So Dang Cute, and Super Crafty Saturdays with One Crafty Mommy. Go check them out to see what others have created this week, too (but not after reading my creations, of course).

I finished crocheting this adorable vest for Travis this week (it's a little big because I want him to be able to wear it in the Fall as well). He kept running away from so these are the best shots I could get. I got this pattern from "Candy tots : unique crochet for babies & toddlers" by Candi Jensen. She has a lot of adorable patterns in her book. Unfortunately they only go up to size 3 so if I need to do the dress I'm eyeing for my daughter, I'll have to use larger needles or measure as I go. Not impossible but it will make me think more.
~~~
Here is a race car track that I made for the kids. It's a lot bigger than the original car cozy tutorial I found at Homemade by Jill. Find my tutorial here.


This is the project all folded up.




Here is a close up of the pattern on the outside - I thought these trucks were so adorable. AND they get special close up love because I thought it was on sale and instead it cost me $20 just for that piece!
 
Here is my daughter holding it up. The numbers on the bottom are pockets to hold or park the cars in. There is so much space because I'm in the process of creating felt cars, a school, and perhaps a pond to make it fun for them to play with.

 Oh, and when it isn't used as a car track or picnic blanket, one can swaddle themselves in it and make a cape or a toga. Yep, that's versatility at it's most creative.

Labels: ,