2010 Affirmations


Last year I had listed my goals by category. This was a great idea and they looked like this ...

2009 Goals

Health Goals
Lose 15 pounds
Exercise 2-3 times a week
Drink more water
Eat well-rounded meals (including all four food groups)

Financial Goals

Complete Suze Orman's "Women & Money" goals over the allotted 5 months
Shop for Christmas gifts year-round
Continue with "Smart Cookies: Women & Money" group once a month for motivation

Homemaking Goals
Organize menu plans and shopping lists weekly
Sit down and eat at least one meal daily as a family at the table
Declutter!
Finish basement renovations and make into a play/games/movie room

Family Goals
Continue family nights once a week (Saturdays)
Enjoy date night once a month with hubby (and get a babysitter booked well in advance!)
Focus on each moment with the kids - the house can be clean when they move out

Creative Goals
Limit interests to Reading, Crocheting, and Pen Pals

I did find, however, that there were too many areas to focus on and too many specific items that would be better off in a to do list as I forgot what they were. Instead, I am going to repeat the following statements to myself daily so I have a better chance of success and a daily reminder of happiness for what I have versus what I need.


2010 Affirmations

I am a healthy, trim size 6
I am a money magnet. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I am an educated and successful money manager and investor
I appreciate what I have
I love my family and the precious time we spend together
I am a creative individual who completes beautiful projects