Thank you to Simple Mom for the post on how you can prevent over-spending (click on the title of this post to be directed to the original article link).
1. Plan – Know what you need and want.2. Compare – Do your comparison shopping.
3. Budget – Set a financial limit.4. Use cash – Credit cards are dangerous. 5. Save first, spend later – Put away money before you spend.
6. Keep busy – Fill your day with interesting activities.
7. Be rational – Emotional spending is almost always bad.
8. Be creative and flexible – There is very little you absolutely need.
9. Think experiences – Enrich your life without the “stuff.”
10. Negotiate – Understand that you have a right to save your money.