2009 Goals Check In

Since we are half-way through the year, I thought I'd check in to see how I am doing with the goals I set at the beginning of the year ~ some of which I admit I forgot what they were but they are pretty much the same after reviewing them.

Health Goals
Lose 15 pounds ~ UPDATE Due to medication changes I want to lose 20 pounds now (ugh)
Exercise 2-3 times a week ~ UPDATE I am doing at least this, if not more. Too bad about spraining my ankle the other night!
Drink more water ~ UPDATE I am on track here (yay)
Eat well-rounded meals (including all four food groups) ~ UPDATE I got a printout of the Canadian Food Guide daily recommendations so I can check them off as I eat them


Financial Goals
Complete Suze Orman's "Women & Money" goals over the allotted 5 months ~ UPDATE complete!!
Shop for Christmas gifts year-round ~ UPDATE I am starting to prepare my Christmas plan and consider what I will be making / purchasing for everyone to space it out ;)
Continue with "Smart Cookies: Women & Money" group once a month for motivation ~ UPDATE this is still happening


Homemaking Goals
Organize menu plans and shopping lists weekly ~ UPDATE Oh yes I am!
Sit down and eat at least one meal daily as a family at the table ~ UPDATE We are fairly consistent here
Declutter! ~ UPDATE I've done the bedrooms and bathrooms, the main floor, as well as the office and the play room in the basement. We even have had a garage sale and have started clearing out the garage and re-organizing the furnace room
Finish basement renovations and make into a play/games/movie room ~ UPDATE We need to declutter the basement and save some moula $$ before this happens but plans are in place and actions are i n progress


Family Goals
Continue family nights once a week (Saturdays) ~ UPDATE the family game night thing has fallen to the way-side since the kids are a little on the young side. We have been starting to do family walks in the evenings though
Enjoy date night once a month with hubby (and get a babysitter booked well in advance!) ~ UPDATE this has not been happening at all
Focus on each moment with the kids - the house can be clean when they move out ~ UPDATE we got the cleaning crew to come weekly (started last week). I feel less stressed already

Creative Goals
Limit interests to ...
  1. Reading
  2. Crocheting
  3. Pen Pals
UPDATE ~ I've been reading & crocheting but have not been writing letters (oops). I also started knitting and have been doing some re-decorating around the house. I am limiting the number of projects I have on the go at once though.