Soaring Spirit Sunday


FIFTH SUNDAY OF LENT

~A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD—CLEAR OF CLUTTER~

Jn 11:1-45; 12:20-33; 8:1-11 One characteristic of a “decluttered” relationship with God is the willingness to wait. Think of Martha and Mary. They sent word to Jesus that Lazarus was ill. Jesus did not answer their prayers the way they wanted, but what a glorious end to the story!

MONDAY: ‘WHOEVER AMONG YOU IS WITHOUT SIN …’
Dn 13:1-9, 15-17, 19-30, 33-62; Jn 8:1-11 Jesus was merciful and gentle to the woman caught in adultery. Is there anyone “caught in sin” that I could treat more as Jesus dealt with this woman?

TUESDAY: ‘I ALWAYS DO WHAT IS PLEASING TO GOD’
Nm 21:4-9; Jn 8:21-30 Only Jesus can say these words. But Jesus is always there to forgive if I only “look up” and give him the chance.

WEDNESDAY: ‘YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH …’
Dn 3:14-20, 91-92, 95; Jn 8:31-42 God shows me the truth if I stay in touch through prayer. Relationship is all about sharing. Do I share myself with Jesus and let him share himself with me?

THURSDAY: CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM
Gn 17:3-9; Jn 8:51-59 “Whoever keeps my word” is a true child of Abraham, Jesus said. How do I “keep God’s word”?

FRIDAY: ‘THE FATHER IS IN ME AND I AM IN THE FATHER”
Jer 20:10-13; Jn 10:31-42 Through Jesus’ death and resurrection, I am also “in the Father” in a deep, intimate relationship. How have I experienced this?

SATURDAY: THE EVERLASTING COVENANT
Ez 37:21-28; Jn 11:45-57 God’s deepest wish for us is: “I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” This is the essence of what prayer should be. How does this change my image of what my relationship with God should be