Soaring Spirit Sunday

THIRD SUNDAY OF LENT
~CLEARING UNFORGIVENESS FROM MY HEART~

Jn 4:5-42; Jn 2:13-25; Lk 13:1-9
Jesus told the woman at the well that God’s life is like “a spring of water gushing up to eternal life.” If I am unwilling to forgive, this acts like a dam that blocks the flow of God’s grace. This week, I will consider whether there is anyone whom I need to forgive. God wants me to forgive them and pray for their healing.

MONDAY: JESUS’ HOMETOWN REJECTS HIM
2 Kgs 5:1-15b; Lk 4:24-30 Does it ever seem that those closest to me are the ones who respect me the least? Jesus experienced this in Nazareth. Forgiveness often has to start with those in my immediate family.

TUESDAY: HOW OFTEN SHOULD I FORGIVE?
Dn 3:25, 34-43; Mt 18:21-35 The parable of the two servants helps me put forgiveness in perspective. My debt to God far exceeds what anyone owes me. I thank God today for all the times God has forgiven me.

WEDNESDAY: FOR MY CHILDREN
Dt 4:1, 5-9; Mt 5:17-19 Passing on instruction about God’s ways to my children, grandchildren, or any children God puts in my path, is essential. Am I teaching the children around me how to forgive and love?

THURSDAY: A KINGDOM DIVIDED CANNOT SURVIVE
Jer 7:23-28; Lk 11:14-23 We are the Kingdom of God, the Body of Christ. Jesus warns that a kingdom cannot survive if it is divided against itself. Refusal to forgive others in the Church promotes disunity and division. Is there anyone in my Christian family I need to forgive?

FRIDAY: LOVING THE LORD WITH ALL MY HEART
Hos 14:2-10; Mk 12:28-34 There is no room for unforgiveness in my heart if I am loving God with all my heart. One sign that I am forgiving is when I can pray for those who hurt me. Today, I write down the names of anyone I need to forgive and ask God to bless them.

SATURDAY: COME, LET US RETURN TO GOD
Hos 6:1-6; Lk 18:9-14 Regardless of the problems I have with unforgiveness, God invites me to return to him and be healed. If I have discovered any deep problems in this area, I ask God today how to be healed. The Sacrament of Reconciliation? Professional counseling? I will not be afraid to seek help; God is faithful and wants to help me.