Neti Pot

The definition provided by Wikipedia for a Neti pot is: "Nasal irrigation is a personal hygiene practice which involves flooding the nasal cavity with warm saline solution (salt water). The goal of nasal irrigation is to clear out excess mucus and particulates and moisturize the nasal cavity. Either a fluid-filled syringe or a neti pot can be used. The practice has been subjected to clinical testing and has been found to be safe and beneficial, with no apparent side effects." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation
I was watching Oprah and Dr. Oz was discussing (with an audience volunteer demonstration) Neti Pots. I have been suffering this year with allergies and, although I am taking some homeopathic medication, was looking for something else to assist me as I was having quite severe attacks of the allergies primarily in the AM and 6PM. I went to my local drugstore and found the brand NasaFlo.
"NasaFlo® is a natural soothing saline nasal wash. Neti pots have been around for thousands of years, mainly used by yoga enthusiasts. The neti pot is an excellent way to clean mucus from the nose making medication more effective. They also clean allergens, irritants, bacteria and viruses from the nose reducing the frequency of infection. Furthermore, they help decrease swelling in the nose and increase air flow. NasaFlo® is excellent for all ages.
NasaFlo® helps alleviate • Nasal Allergies & Dryness• Sinusitis, Rhinitis• Allergic Asthma• Post Nasal Drip• Sinus Pressure & Nasal Stuffiness• Nasal Symptoms from Flu & Cold• Nasal Irritation from Occupational Dust, Fumes, Animal Dander, Grass, Pollen, Smoke, & House Dust• Nasal Congestion."

I had mentioned to my mother-in-law that I was going to try it and she (being a nurse) had heard great reviews from friends who had used it. I promptly went to the drug store and purchased one. I tried it that night. At first it didn't go through my nose at all so I wasn't sure if I was using it correctly or not but after I did get it to work I felt it behind my eyes (a major source of my problems was they ran and itched all the time). I suppose my sinuses were so clogged that is why it didn't work at first but after it did I felt so clear! I hadn't been able to blow my nose prior to doing it but afterwards I had a TON of mucus release. And what a relief without the pressure! The next day I started to have an allergy attach and I did the neti pot and it stopped it! I am in love with my neti pot.