gDiapers

All of a sudden I am on this environmental kick. I do child care for two children, ages 1 and 2 years, plus my own two children, ages 4 months and 2 years. Between the four children I was changing around 20 diapers per day! This was making me feel really guilty so I did some research to find out what local options there were that were realistic and affordable for our lifestyle.

Part of my guilt includes the fact that "last year alone, 18-23 billion diapers went into landfills across America. That works out to be approximately 38,000 every minute and adds up to about 3.5 million tons of waste!" (www.gdiapers.com) Also, it takes 500 years for a disposable diaper to decompose versus the 50-150 DAYS it takes for a gDiaper to biodegrade. Can you say WOW?!

If anybody else has used them I'd be very interested in their experiences and thoughts or comments.